Easy to make lemon cupcakes with a hidden pudding surprise!
- 1 lemon boxed cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1–3.9 ounce package of lemon instant pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- ½ cup salted butter (softened)
- ½ cup shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
Directions For Cupcakes:
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking liners. In a large mixing bowl, add cake mix, water, eggs, and oil. Using a hand or stand mixer, mix on low speed for 1 minute and then on medium for 1 minute.
- Step 2: Fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way with batter. Bake 18-20 minutes or until it springs back when touched. Let cool.
- Step 3: In a small bowl, add pudding and milk. Whisk together until smooth.
- Step 4: Using a wooden spoon or chopstick, poke several, well-spaced holes in the cooled cupcakes.
- Step 5: Using a pastry bag filled with the pudding, pipe into the holes, just to the top.
Directions For Frosting:
- Step 1: In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat butter and shortening. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar for 1 minute or until creamy.
- Step 2: Add in the half and half and lemon extract and beat until light and fluffy. If mixture is too thick, add more liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Step 3: Place in piping bag and frost cupcakes.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baking, buttercream, Cupcakes, dessert, easyrecipes, handmade, homemade, lemon