When I need a quick clean up on the go, I keep a bottle of my DIY Spray Hand Sanitizer for myself, the kids, and the car. I keep a bottle in the glove box and in my purse as well. I love that when I am in the grocery store, I can grab the bottle and give the grocery cart a quick spray before we head in to do our weekly shopping.
DIY Spray Hand Sanitizer
Hand Hygiene In The Pandemic
Even though I graduated from nursing school, I wasn’t always as hard on my family about hand hygiene as I am now. I’m sure a lot of us have changed how we view that subject now that we are living in a pandemic. Can you even count how many times a day you clean your hands? A think a million is close!
Take a look at how easy it is to make this DIY Spray Hand Sanitizer Recipe without alcohol!
Handmade Sanitizer Saves Money
Because we are practicing the CDC guidelines for the Covid safety protocols, I wanted to make it as easy on my family as possible. I also found it was getting super expensive to keep up with hand sanitizer if we could even find it. We decided early on that we were going to make our own instead. We made our Easy Kid’s Gel Hand Sanitizer Recipe when the stores were running out of theirs so quickly.
Spray Sanitizer Is A Versatile Option
We decided to make this homemade hand sanitizer because it is such a versatile option for keeping those germs at bay. You can use this sanitizer recipe safely on your skin as well as on any surface. It is effective at killing germs and because we made our diy spray hand sanitizer with essential oils, it smells amazing too! I absolutely love essential oils, don’t you?
3 tablespoons Aloe Vera gel:
1 tablespoon witch hazel:
1 teaspoon distilled water
½ tablespoon fractionated coconut oil:
2-5 drops of bergamot essential oil:
2-5 drops of lavender essential oil
2-ounce spray bottles
Step 2: Add in your fractionated coconut oil carrier oil and distilled water.
Step 3: *Add in your essential oils.
Steps 4-5: Whisk all ingredients together until well incorporated. Using a funnel, add the mixture into your bottle, stopping about ½” from the top. Add the top and screw on tightly.
Add your label! If you would like to print your own labels, just click on the image below and save the free PDF. We printed ours on a sheet of Avery 2″ round labels or a comparable store brand.
*We have chosen essential oils that are shown to be safe for children. Please refer to online guidelines for the safe ratio of essential oils to carrier oils for the age of your child.
Enjoy other easy to make crafts from Crafty Seasoned Mom:
DIY Spray Hand Sanitizer
- 4 ounce glass bottle
- measuring cup
- 3 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon golden grain drinking alcohol or witch hazel
- 1 teaspoon distilled water
- 1/2 tablespoon fractionated coconut oil
- 2-5 drops lavender essential oil
- 2-5 drops bergamot essential oil
- Add aloe vera gel and golden grain alcohol or witch hazel to the measuring cup and whisk together.
- Add in the distilled water and fractionated coconut oil.
- Add in the essential oils. Add in the smaller number of drops for a children's recipe and the larger number of drops for adults. Whisk ingredients until well incorporated.
- Using the funnel, add the mixture into the glass bottle. Secure the spray top to the bottle and affix the label to the bottle if desired. Use the DIY Spray Hand Sanitizer on your hands as well as any surfaces to kill germs.