Have you ever had a sweet tooth you seemingly couldn’t conquer? Ever had a day where you wanted to bake something but couldn’t figure out what? Well, I have the perfect solution to all your problems! My Homemade Strawberry Soda Infused Cupcakes are a home run for any baker who wants to knock it out of the park!
Homemade Strawberry Soda Infused Cupcakes
How this homemade strawberry cupcake recipe came about was during a particularly stressful day where I needed something to do that would calm my nerves. Because I love to bake, if I am feeling out of sorts, getting my hands in some flour will get me feeling right as rain in no time!
Soda Infused Cupcakes
One thing I love about these cupcakes is that they are infused with soda. The kids think this is a brilliant addition to the recipe because it is their favorite drink. I think it is a smashing idea because it adds a layer of flavor you don’t get with any other ingredient.
A Top Chef Level Dessert
You may think it would be difficult to pull off these homemade cupcakes, but they are incredibly easy! Because they are cake mix cupcakes and we added unique ingredients, you get an easy recipe that is disguised as a Top Chef level dessert! And don’t be intimidated by the homemade strawberry buttercream frosting. That is as simple as it gets! This Homemade Strawberry Soda Infused Cupcakes Recipe has a wow factor that’s perfect for any party!
Strawberry Soda Infused Cupcakes Ingredients:
• 1 yellow or white boxed cake mix
• 1/2 cup water
• ½ cup strawberry soda
• 1/3 cup avocado oil
• 3 eggs
• Red sanding sugar for decoration
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
• 2 sticks room temperature unsalted butter
• 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
• 1/4 cup strawberry soda
• 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
• 1 tablespoon red sanding sugar
• 12 straws, cut in half for decoration
• 24 fresh strawberries
Directions For Cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking liners.
Steps 1-4: In a large mixing bowl, add water, eggs, oil, and strawberry soda to the cake mix.
Step 5: Using a hand or stand mixer, mix on low speed for 1 minute and then on medium for 1 minute.
Steps 6-7: Fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way with batter. Bake 18-20 minutes or until it springs back when touched. Let cool.
Directions For Frosting:
Steps 1-5: In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar for 1 minute or until creamy. Add the strawberry soda and strawberry extract and beat until light and fluffy. If the mixture is too thick, add more strawberry soda or a bit of milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
Step 6: Mix in red sanding sugar.
Step 7 Place in a piping bag and frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with the red sanding sugar if desired. Cut your straw in half and push through the cupcake
Enjoy these other Crafty Seasoned Mom Recipes:
Do you have a favorite cupcake recipe that your kids are crazy about? We’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
Homemade Strawberry Soda Infused Cupcakes Recipe
- muffin tin
- Hnad or stand mixer
- Piping Bag and Tip
- 1 yellow or white boxed cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup strawberry soda
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 bottle red sanding sugar
- 1 cup salted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry soda
- 1 tablespoon red sanding sugar
- 12 red and white paper straws
- 24 fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcakes liners.
- Add ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until cupcakes spring back. Cool completely before frosting.
- beat butter until fluffy. Add in soda. Slowly add in powdered sugar until smooth. Add in extract.
- Add in the sanding sugar
- Add frosting to piping bag & frost cupcakes.
- Add a fresh strawberry. Cut a straw in half and insert it into the side of a cupcake. Enjoy